The course "IFRS basics" is intended for middle and top-management as well as for finance and accounting specialists.
Having a basic knowledge of IFRS, management will be able to:
- see economic substance of operations behind figures in financial statements;
- understand how certain events are recorded and how they affect the overall financial result of a company;
- understand how their economic decisions affect a company's business processes and financial results.
Finance and accounting specialists will be able to look beyond local accounting standards, apply professional judgment and report transactions in accordance with their economic substance instead of their presentation form required by national accounting standards. What is more, an insight into IFRS accounting principles will allow employees of a company’s financial function to communicate with the auditors more effectively during the process of IFRS audit. Having a basic knowledge of IFRS, financial function specialists will be able to continue their study and acquire skills of local financial statements transformation.
IFRS training format
Corporate IFRS training can be conducted in the following formats:
- an intensive basic training for a few days (3-8 days);
- a full course training in off-work hours (4-5 months);
- distance learning through online learning support system (4-5 months).
The course syllabus and schedule are adapted to the needs of every client: some aspects of the course can be given more attention, and some can be studied in less detail.
A key feature of FIN.by trainings is its online learning support system test.fin.by, which allows students:
- to test their knowledge through online tests and assignments after each topic, which are graded automatically;
- to ask questions regarding theoretical material and get a prompt and detailed response from qualified professionals practicing in the field of IFRS.